I poisoned myself ……….. with decomposing vegetables. Yeap! Thats what I did.
“My wife is trying to poison me.” said Mr MG to the doc as we sat there together to see him. Well, in actual fact, I did poison him and myself too in the process. Fortunately the kids were not affected.
We felt very ill immediately after eating the dinner that I cooked. He felt dizzy, nausea and fever. I felt gastric pains, nausea, fever and chills. The kids were ok. We had eggs and beans, tenggiri fish and onions and mixed vegetables. The kids ate everything we ate accept the vegetables so it must have been the vegetables.
For the mixed vegetables, I used white cabbage, carrots, brocolli and celery. Hmm… so which is it. The white cabbage and carrots looked nice, perhaps too nice but they’re organic so they couldn’t have been loaded with pesticide could they. The brocolli still looked ok. Maybe the celery… it did not look that fantastic but I thought it was just grime and dirt. I did peel off the skin and I soaked the vegetables and changed the water 4-5 times. For the life of me, I just don’t know what it is but I threw them out just in case.
Hubby had it bad. He vomitted and cerit berit a couple of times. I just had severe gastric pains that made me want to bend over. And I felt tired… so very tired and cold. I just wanted to sleep all the time. Gosh. Its horrible, just horrible. Fortunately the kids are ok. Phew! I’m just recovering so I won’t be writing a long post. This is just to remind myself and everyone else to be very, very careful with your food. You could end up feeling very ill. Ewek! Got to go and rest now.
Oh I almost forgot. Happy Chap Goh Meh to anyone who celebrates it.