My Girl just got her school timetable. It is something like this. They have 5 hours of lessons per day making it a total of 25 hours of lessons per week. During one week of school, she has…..
- 5 hours for Chinese language
- 4 1/2 hours of Malay Language
- 1 hour of English Language
- 2 hours of Maths in English
- 3 hours of Maths in Chinese
- I 1/2 hours of Science in English
- 1 1/2 hours of Science in Chinese
- 2 hours of moral
- 1 hour of computer
- 1 hour of gym
- 1 hour of Music
- 1 hour of Art
- 1/2 hour of revision/overview
My thoughts when I saw the time table.
- Wuah. Only 1 hour for English? No wonder they say the kids English will deteriorate when enter Chinese School.
- Hmmm…. 4 1/2 hours for Malay. Perhaps that is a government requirement but not bad also lah so that they won’t have difficulty catching up in Bahasa Malaysia in secondary school if you intend to send them to Kebangsaan school then
- Aisay…. what for want to teach Maths and Science in two languages. Thats just overloading the kids. Just teach it in one language lah, whatever language, I don’t really mind.
- Got Art, Gym, Computer, Music. My girl will enjoy those but I heard that those classes have to make way for more academic ones later on from Std 3 onwards. During orientation, one of the parents complained that she never got to wash her kid’s gym clothes because the kid never got to run around and be kids, there was just work, work and more work and lessons…. of the academic kind.
- Wuah! Sure got a lot of homework like that.
Can you share with me your kid’s timetable and what you think when you see this timetable?
Here’s another timetable from a blogger who sends her child to a private church based school. You might want to check it out to see the difference.