Archive for the 'About me' Category
- Educational Tool - I refer to it a lot to teach my kids. I use Google image search a lot to show my kids something they do not understand. A picture speaks volumes and they instantly get it.
- Dictionary -I refer to it as a multi-language dictionary and translator.
- Reminder - It is perfect as a reminder, an organizer and a notebook. I take pictures and make notes of everything.
- Calculator - I use it as a calculator and worksheet to make list and excel like files.
- Mobile Gaming - I play games on it with my kids and sometimes on my own. With the iPad, you don’t need another handheld console for your kids.
- Drawing Tablet - I draw and make motivational posters with my iPad. I love using the iPad for drawing.
I Use My iPad To Draw And Create Graphics For My Online Writing
Even an amateur can create sometime beautiful from free drawing apps. It is so easy.
- Portable TV - I watch my favorite movies via streaming video on it.
- eReader - I read my favorite magazines and books on my iPad. With the iPad, I don’t need another reading tablet.
- Recipe Book - I keep my favorite recipes in it and constantly find new ones I can easily refer to when cooking.
- Communication - I keep in touch with my friends on Facebook and other social media using my iPad.
- Camera - I take beautiful pictures and videos and share them easily. I like to add quotes and fun stuff to my pictures. It is easy to do that with an iPad and the free photo apps available. I also like to make my own Facebook covers using my iPad.
- Fingertip Surfing - I surf the internet regularly to find anything and everything with my iPad and I can surf on my couch or bed.
- Organizer - My iPad is my calendar, clock and alarm.
- Information - I catch up with the latest news on my iPad.
- Sharing - I use it to share and receive files online. This is great for work as well as for fun.
- Music - I can listen to music from my iPad when I work.
- Tracking - I use it to track my exercise and fitness routine. Although I surf the internet on the couch, I am at no risk of turning into a couch potato because I can use fitness apps on the iPad to keep me on my feet.
- Keeping In Touch - It is a perfect tool for video conferencing and keeping in touch with loved ones.
- GPS - It is my map and GPS when I need to find my way in an unfamiliar place. I particularly like the free waze app.
- Family Entertainment – It is my companion and my family entertainment center.
These are the 20 ways I use my iPad for. What about you?
I Wanted An iPad Badly
I wanted to have an iPad and told my husband so. Indirectly and then directly when he asked what I wanted for my birthday for Christmas etc. However, he didn’t get it for me. “What do you need an iPad for? You’re always at home and we have two desktop computers at home. That should be more than enough for your computing needs.” I hinted indirectly and directly and pouted and finally last year I got it as a Christmas present after waiting 3 whole years for it!
I’m madly in love with my iPad. Like my husband said “Why get an tablet computer when you already have a desktop computer?” I’m going to tell you why. I love the iPad for its mobility and flexibility. I use it daily, many times a day. I love how my emails are organized so neatly on the iPad. Checking, reading and replying my emails from my different email accounts is so convenient and easy.
However, checking emails is not what I got the iPad for. In my next post, I will tell you what I use the iPad for. I will group it into the Top 20 Ways I Use My iPad.
I love how my iPad is so portable. Finally after watching how useful the iPad is for me, my husband agreed that he should have bought it for me earlier. An iPad is not a replacement for a desktop computer. It is a totally different tool all together. I also love how there are many free apps for almost anything and everything. The iPad is a multi functional tool which is so versatile.
Tips To Get The Most From You iPad
When buying an iPad cover, do shop for one that allows it to stand up. This makes it so much easier when using it as a recipe book or for watching streaming videos.
A removable keyboard is very useful if you are always on the go and need to do some work using your iPad. Though the iPad keyboard is perfectly functional, a physical keyboard is very useful if you do a lot of typing.
You May Need A Protection Plan For Your Tablet
Just like any computer, it is always a good idea to plan ahead and have a protection plan for your iPad.
Do you know someone in your life who loves to sit around and watch TV all day long? If you do, then this is just perfect gift for him or her for Christmas. It is also an excellent gift for a dad for Father’s Day or mom for Mother’s Day. A massage chair pad. It is much cheaper than getting a full blown massage chair and it is portable. You can carry it around from room to room and even attach it to your car seat if that is what you prefer. However, I think it belongs in the living room best for when you are relaxing watching TV. This shiatsu massage cushion with heat is excellent as a gift for someone who loves watching TV.
I got this as a ‘just because’ gift from my husband a while back. I often suffer from lower back pain. This massage chair pad provides great relief for my lower back. I love how you can adjust the massage, vibrating, rolling or deep kneading with or without heat. You can also adjust the areas you want to massage, all over, higher or lower, concentrate on just one area of your back or all over. I like to have my back massage while the seat is heated and vibrating at the same time. You can customize it to your liking.
I really prefer a Massage Chair Pad to a massage couch because of its portability. In fact, I am sitting on my massage chair pad now as I write. I am a writer and blogger. I maintain 5 blogs and have written several ebooks. This means I work long hours online. My massage chair pad gives me good relief for my aching back. It is also very nice to use in the living room for TV time.
Some massage cushions are not high enough to reach the back and neck in which case a massage pillow may do the trick for massaging the neck.
If you like a total body massage, you can go for a foot massager as well. In this way, you can get a foot reflexology while you watch TV.
Making Time For Me
I Need Some Me Time. Everybody does and everyone deserves some Me Time. I need some me time to take care of myself. I need to spend some time alone doing the things I love or just doing nothing. It is the best stress reliever of all. I felt this even more when I was a new mother looking after two young kids on my own 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week without pause. Apart from the kids, we have the spouse, the extended family, friends, colleagues, bosses. There is so much multitasking and organizing to do. Sometimes, I just want to shout out ”LEAVE ME ALONE!” and get away from it all. That is when I know I seriously need some me time and I will claim this time for myself.
I don’t feel guilty claiming some me time. It is essential to keep me going. It is good for my mental health. Once I am recharged and rejuvenated, I come back better than before in my relationship and I can better manage everything that life throws at me including lemons.
Read my previous post 18 ways To Make Time For You to get some ideas on how to make time for yourself.
I have a google chromecast device which works well for my flat tv with hdmi input but then we wanted to utilize our old TV, you know those old big fat televisions of yesterday. Yes, we still have one of those. So how do you make your old TV smart? That was something I had to figure out and eventually did.
In this post, I will share with you step by step how to watch YouTube and other streaming video on your old TV.
Before you start, you will need
- a smart phone
- a google chromecast donger
- a hdmi to av adapter
- a usb charger wire
- usb charger plug (optional) and
- a red yellow white composite cable.
If you have never used a Google Chromecast donger before, then please read my old post How To Use Google Chromecast To Watch Streaming Video From Google Chrome Browser before you proceed with the rest of this tutorial.
Step 1 – Power up your google chromecast dongle by putting the usb end into a usb charger plug and plug into an electrical outlet. If you have your desktop pc nearby, you can use the usb port from your desktop pc, then you won’t need the charger plug.
Step 2 – Insert the hdmi end of your google chromecast dongle into your hdmi to av converter.
Step 3 – Insert one end of the composite cable to the output end of the hdmi to av converter
Step 4 – Insert the other end of your composite cable to the composite cable input of your old tv. This can usually be found at the back of your old tv. Just follow the color codes when you insert the wires. Red for red etc.
Step 5 – Power up your hdmi to av converter by inserting one end of the usb charger wire to the converter and another to a usb inlet nearby. Again, you can use the usb port from your pc or you can use the usb charger plug.
Step 6 – Open up the YouTube app on your smartphone. Click on the Cast to TV button (It is the little rectangle with wavy lines on one end right beside the “What To Watch” link.)
Step 7 – Select your chromecast. I named my Living Room.
Step 8 – Tadaa! That’s it. You can now watch YouTube from your old TV! Congratulations if you made it this far. We’re watching a minecraft video on our old TV. Our old TV just became smart. Cool isn’t it?
Extra Tips For Watching Streaming Video Without Lag – Use An Alternative Browser For Casting V ideos Instead of Google Chrome Browser
You can cast any video that you are watching from any site by casting it from your google chrome browser. However, I find a small lag between the audio and video when I do that. In order to prevent the lag, you can download a browser app specially for casting web videos as well as local videos on your smartphone or ipad to your TV. I’m using an app called Video and TV Cast for Chromecast. It works well with no lag so I can watch any streaming video I want on my old TV not just YouTube videos. However, this app does not support rewind or fast forward for free users.
Bonus Tip: (Alternative way to watch streaming video on your old TV. Can be used for older generation Apple devices only)
If you are using an old generation iphone or ipad ie those that use a 30 pin adapter instead of the lighting 8 pin adapter, then you can use the following to watch any streaming video from any website on your TV easily. It is an AV Cable for iPad and iPhone. Remember, this only works for the older generation devices.
The AV Cable has 3 parts. Plug the 30 pin adapter to your old generation iphone or ipad, plug the usb part into a usb port to charge and power up the device and finally plug the composite cable into the red yellow white composite input of your old TV. That’s it!
Here is the difference between the 30 pin and 8 pin adapter. The 30 pin one is larger in size. This is the part where you plug into your iphone or ipad when you need to charge it. So check whether you have a 30 pin adapter if you wish to use this option.
How not to lose yourself after becoming a mother and wife Mother, Wife, Myself!
Parenting & Families Children's Books
Find out just how much more style and fun can be fit into any room when you put up a brand new kids futon loft bed!