Archive for the 'Facebook, Twitter and Social Media' Category
I like the fact that you can customize the countdown clock according to your liking. There are a few images you can choose from. I usually like those cute cartoon or clipart type not the scary kind since they are for my parenting blog.
You can further customize it by choosing the color, typing your own words and finally adding in the dates. After you’re done, all you need to do is to copy the code and paste it in your blog post or sidebar whichever you prefer.
Apart from Halloween, you can get other Countdown clocks from this site including Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter or more personal dates like weddings, birthdays, pregnancy and graduation. Looks like I’m going to be bookmarking this one.
So here it is, my countdown clock for this Halloween 2014. Do you like it?
I am an online writer. I also admin a parenting group on FB with over 6,700 members. This means that I frequently need to be able to get documents from page to web easily and quickly. That is why I was really happy to find a camera scanner app to help me take a photo and turn it into a pdf document that you can edit. There are many apps that can help you do this but I would like to talk about just one of them. That is the CamScanner photo to pdf scanner.
The CamScanner phone pdf creator or PDF document scanner is simply awesome. I was really impressed with it the first time I used it. This is what it will do or how you do it.
- First you take a photo of your document either with your iPhone, iPad or Android devices mobile or tablet.
- Next you click “Done” and the app will automatically adjust your document for you. By this, I mean it does not matter how you took your photo. Your document can be at an angle, you can have other things near it. The app is smart enough to find and highlight your document for you for cropping. I love that. If you are not happy with how it has highlighted the document, you can click and drag till you are satisfied before cropping.
- Then you click on “Next” and the app crops your document for you.
- After cropping, you can adjust the brightness or colors.
- Finally, you click “Save”.
- Your photo is now a pdf document which you can work on and send as a file to others. You can scribble on it with the pen tool, add text with the text tool box, add post it notes or search your document using OCR technology. OCR is Optical Character Recognition.
A very amazing and cool app indeed. Here is where you can get your download links for iOS as well as Android devices for both mobile phone as well as tablet pc.
Have you ever been in a Facebook discussion thread only to see a lot of Fs in it? So, what does it mean when someone types F in a Facebook group? It merely means they want to remain notified for further posts in a particular thread or they want to follow the discussion by members on a particular topic.
Some members type F or f or follow or following to be kept in the loop for the discussion. However, this practice is rather distracting and annoying to other members who are following the discussion especially if one is following the discussion on their mobiles. Imagine your phone beeping every few moments, you check your notification only to be greeted by a string of Fs.
Some suggest typing “Thank you” or “Thanks” but there really isn’t a need to do so, not when there is an easy way to turn notifications on or off for a discussion or for the group as a whole.
Here is how to get notified of discussion in a Facebook group setting.
Option 1. To turn on notification for the group as a whole
You can choose to be notified of “All Posts” or just “Friends’ Post”. Once a group is over 250 members notification is automatically set for “Friends’ Post” only, so you will have to edit your notification settings if you want to see more.
You can read the following from Facebook Help page for the steps.
How Do I Edit My Notification Settings For A Group (Using Desktop PC)
How Do I Edit My Notification Settings For A Group (Using iPhone or iPad App, Android App or smartphone or tablet via browser)
Option 2. To turn on notifications for a specific discussion or thread within a group
Click on the arrow next to the discussion and turn notification on. This will keep you in the loop for discussion on that particular thread. There is no need to type F, or f or follow or following or whatever in order to follow that thread. The above is what you see in a browser on a desktop pc.
Read the following Facebook Help for instructions. What Does It Mean To Turn Notifications On Or Off In A Group
The above images are from accessing FB from a desktop PC. Please read the following extra notes if you are using a mobile smartphone or tablet.
How To Turn On Notifications For Individual FB Post In A Group Using Mobile Devices
How To Turn On Notifications If You Are Accessing FB On A Mobile Or Smartphone Using The FB App
Since the screen is smaller, to do Option 1 i.e. to edit notification for the whole group, first click on the right arrow at the bottom of the FB Group Cover, this takes you to the About page of the group. You will then be able to “Edit Notification Settings”.
The picture below shows you the steps required to edit notification for a FB group while using the FB app on mobile phones and smartphones.
Option 2 to turn notification on or off for individual post is the same. Click on the little down arrow next to the post. you may have to click on the arrow beside the post twice, the first time takes you to the individual post if you are not already on it and the second time to turn notifications on or off.
The image below shows the location of the arrow (1). You may have to click on this two times. Then you will see the screen to Get or Stop Notifications.
How To Turn On Notifications If you Are Accessing FB On A Mobile Or Smartphone FromA Browser Like Safari
Option 1 is the same as described for editing notifications using FB mobile app. In option 2, you will have to click on the individual post first before you can click on “Get Notifications” for that post. In order to go to the individual post, click on the timestamp or date right below the post. The picture below show the extra steps for getting notifications when you are viewing FB on a browser using your mobile phone. First you have to click on the Time as shown on arrow 1 to go to the individual post. Then, when you are on the individual post view, you can toggle between “Get Notifications” or “Stop Notifications” as shown on arrow 2.
How To Turn On Notifications If You Are Accessing FB On A Tablet Computer From A Browser Like Safari.
Option 1 and 2 is the same as for Desktop PC.
Typing F may be an easy way for you to follow just one post instead of all posts but it is not very nice for the rest of the members following the same thread. So please follow the steps above. That, I think is a basic FB etiquette. Please be nice to other members when you are in a group.
Do you know that some FB groups actually ban the use of Fs?
Rushed! That’s what I have been feeling for the past few years. Seems like I am always rushing around to do something or other. I’m always running after the kids and the man. I literally run after them whenever we go out to the mall.
At home, I’m always rushing too. I’m so rushed, I clean my bathroom as I shower with one foot scrubbing the bathroom floor.
At the moment I’m rushing to edit my content that has been moved from Squidoo to HubPages. After the transfer, many of my images were misplaced, videos missing, and links were stripped. I have edited 116 pages but I still have another 68 to go. Its killer work and not a lot of fun. I just edited about 12 this morning and got bored, that’s why I decided to update this blog instead. Its been too quiet around here for some time.
I’ve been rushing to learn new things too. Baking. Digital Drawing. I’m so pleased I managed to figure out how to use layers in drawings. Yay! That was worth rushing to read, learn and draw at the same time.
The above rushed cartoon is one of my first few digital drawings done by using layers. I’m really happy about that.
Now, its time to go off to rush to do some housework so I can get back to editing. Its also the end of the year so I have to rush to teach the boy his history and Chinese. Have to rush to learn those Chinese chapters from his book so that I can guide him.
Rush! Rush! Rush! That’s the story of my life. What’s yours?
These days almost everyone likes to take selfies. Walk by any beautiful scene, shopping center decoration, restaurant, park etc and you will see someone engaging in this activity. In fact, in November 2013, the word “selfie” was announced as being the “word of the year” by the Oxford English Dictionary.
Like anything that you find online, don’t believe everything that you read online. Don’t believe everything you see online too as I’ve discovered. Selfies can be instantly “photoshopped” with a click these days with the increasing number of photo editing apps available. Some of them are really amazing too.
Forget about checking out articles on how to take the best selfie, the best poses, best make-up etc, all you need to do is to download one of these apps on your iPhone, iPad or Android devices to take the most beautiful and flattering photo of yourself to share with your friends.
Here are some selfie photo apps to turn your selfies into the beautiful images that you see and so envy.
1. BeautyPlus available for both iphone and android phones instantly gives you flawless skin and shiny hair plus brighter eyes at the click of your camera. I love how this camera removes my pores with one click. This simple no frills app is perfect for the lazy ones like me who wants to do everything with just one click with little customization required. However, you can customize it further if you want, Slimmer face? You’ve got it at a drag of a finger. Bigger eyes? No problem. Lots of filters and fun brushes for you to enhance your portrait are all available with one click before you save and share it on social media.
What is different or good about this selfie photo app: Simple and easy to use with nice results for a flawless look.
BeautyPlus for iOS on Apple iTunes Store
BeautyPlus for Android on Google Play Store
2. PhotoWonder basically does the same thing as the above but it takes it one step further. Want bigger boobs? You can even customize that too! You can “thinify” yourself then beautify your look by adding make-up for longer lashes and bigger eyes. Then add decorations, effects and pick a frame for your perfect selfie. The stickers, brushes and speech bubbles are fun. Lots of filter choices are available categorized into portrait, classic, scene and art category. You can even turn yourself into a sketch if you prefer. You can customize by sliding along a bar till you get the look you want whether it is larger eyes, fixing blemishes or removing dark rims under your eyes. Fortunately, one click is available for lazy people like me.
What is different or good about this selfie photo app: Extras in the form of effects, decorations and frames.
PhotoWonder for iOS on Apple iTunes Store
PhotoWonder for Android on Google Play Store
3. MeituPic “Meitu” simply means “beautiful picture” in Chinese and that is what you get. You can slide your finger to whiten or tone your face to a flawless complexion just like what you would see in a magazine. Lots of excellent filters for your good selfies here. Cropping and blurring is possible and you can have lots of fun with magical effects by adding sparkles, dazzlers and more. You can even take beautiful pictures of your food because aside from the portrait function you can enhance the look of your food, objects or scene. The desmog feature allows you to turn smoggy skies into clear blue ones. I think I will need that one right now.
What is different or good about this selfie photo app: Includes enhancement for food, scenery and objects photos which is not available in other portrait enhancement apps.
MeituPic for iOS on Apple iTunes Store
MeituPic for Android on Google Play Store
I would pick BeautyPlus for its simplicity and wonderful results and MeituPic for being the most comprehensive.
When fixing photos, I personally prefer to smoothen my complexion and add effects for fun and that is it. Somehow, thinning my face and making my eyes bigger seem a little bit much, sort of like doing digital plastic surgery but that’s just me.
Well, that’s all. No need for a lengthy review or article on how to take a good selfie. Just go and download one or all of these apps and try it for yourself. Then start snapping away and be amazed at your new lovely selfies! They are all available for both iOS and android devices. Enjoy!
How not to lose yourself after becoming a mother and wife Mother, Wife, Myself!
Parenting & Families Children's Books
Find out just how much more style and fun can be fit into any room when you put up a brand new kids futon loft bed!