I received an email that suggested that as wives you should try to find out what you and your husband have in common, then you go and plan some activities or whatever around those things you have in common whether its food, music or whatever and this ought to make the man happy.
So that got me thinking…. Now what do I and my man have in common? I started with the basics.
- Food – I like to try new things. He likes the same ole, same ole.. (But he is getting more adventurous lately. Yippee!)
- Music – I like slow sentimental music. He says those put him to sleep. He likes music with some more beat and oomph and life to it. When I play my slow sentimental music he would ask “What kind of music is that/are you listening to??!” incredulously.
- Sleep – I’m a night owl. He’s an early bird.Â Need I say more?
- Hobbies – I like to blog. He doesn’t know what is a blog….. previously. Now, he knows but he just doesn’t care about blogging nor have the time or interest to.
- Books – He reads all sorts of finance and investment books that puts me to sleep. Yaaawwwn! I read silly magazines that make him shake his head on why I read that trash. His other love is comics. I’ve started to read them too becauseÂ they’re light reading, a bit like my trashy mags.
- Aiyoh! I better stop here. We are so different!
Looks like opposites do attract. So what shall I do now? The article did not suggest what to do when you can’t find things in common. Lol! So what about you? Are you and your man opposites or peas in a pod?
My wife and I are definitely opposite versions of each other.
Just curious, what about your kids? Do they have things more in common with you or their father?
Well, simply because I stay at home with them, by default, due to the amount of time I spend with them, more time translates to more love and more things in common loh. The kids love their daddy but I’m usually the preferred parent. Hehehe.
We are definitely the opposite, but I try to be the submissive wife to try take up his preference SOMETIMES la..:D
This thing about being submissive…. I remember last time when we pak tor dat time, we had a big argument about that! (Over a plate of char koay teow) Hahaha.
we are opposite too but i am easily influence by the people around me especially him!
Haha. You sound like me.
we are quite alike in certain things (taste in countries to visit and fashion) but when it comes to food, there’s bit different eg he loves “choy keok” but I don’t 🙂
Do you look alike too? Some couples start to look alike after a while…..
Why is it like dat? Before marrying the guy, we couldn’t find any differences between us and everything was like we were alike. BUT … after marriage … (esp after having kids) all the differences will pop up. I like this, he doesn’t like, he like dat, I don’t like …. (I like to read, he doesn’t; I prefer Western food, he likes Chinese cuisine; I love shopping, he rather stay at home; I can be glued to the TV programmes, he’ll rather stick to the bed) … sigh … Maybe opposites do attract. Hahaha!
I think the “I love shopping, he’d rather stay at home” applies to everyone. Lol!