When you become a mother you have to become a child again because….
- How do you teach a child to be confident when you have been struggling with self image issues all your life?
- How do you teach a child to be happy with herself when you are happy with your own body image?
- How do you teach a child to eat healthily when you can’t help yourself from reaching out for that piece of fried chicken?
- How do you teach a child to be brave when you are scared of a lot of things yourself?
- How do you teach a child patience when you are always in a hurry?
- How? How? How?
The list is endless and the answer for me as a mom, is to relearn and teach myself all those things all over again, so that I can teach them to my child. Apart from self esteem and confidence, the same goes for teaching anything else. You have to learn again in order to teach. In order to become a good teacher, you have to first become a student all over again.
How do you teach a child to be happy with herself when you are happy with your own body image?
this is easy.. if YOU are happy, your child will be HAPPY!
but totally agree on what u said being a student all over again. most of us moms changed to the better after we delivered our first born as we wish for them to be better too.. 😀
One simple thing we have to learn is how to be happy about simple things in life. 🙂
you are so right!
my children become impatient because i am impatient!
Haha. Yah. Charm loh.
maybe we only need to learn how to be grateful for everything and live at present moment,What about that?
True….we have to right ourself so that our kids can also be right!
My struggle was my diet!!! 🙂
It is so scary how we also see they inherit our character and personality flaws. Then we desperately try to rectify that, because we want them to be better than we are… but the on-going struggle makes you wonder if they will ever over the flaws… Ack!
i feel ashamed at Amber’s bad behaviour esp when she shouts, the tone was exactly like how I would shout at her too.