Before I start this post, there’s a few things to make clear. I hate using Instagram on my mobile and I’m a chrome user.
I tried many ways to post on Instagram from my desktop computer including downloading various apps. In the end, I never really used them because I either have to pay for the apps or I forget to use them because they’re not that user friendly. Finally, I found an easier way to post to Instagram from my desktop computer without using apps. Here are the steps.
- Go to your Instagram using your desktop.
- Right click on your desktop and select Inspect (or press Control + Shift + i)
- Look for the mobile phone/tablet computer icon and select it (or press Control + Shift + m) . Hint. The icon is right at the top. If you mouse-over the icon, it says “toggle device toolbar”
- Once selected, your Instagram will look exactly like it does on your mobile. However, you still cannot post anything until you do the very important step 5 below.
- Refresh the page (The action of refreshing the page brings up the home, search, post (a plus sign in a square box), love and profile icon).
- You can now post on your Instagram from your desktop computer by hitting the post button (the plus sign in a box). That button allows you to browse for photos from your desktop to post.
- Post as normal
Below are some of the photos to illustrate the steps above.
Step 2 & 3. Right click and then select the mobile phone/tablet icon. This is the position and how the icon looks like.
Important Step 5. You must refresh the page. After you do so, only then will you be able to see the posting icon as shown below. The whole bottom bar of icons is hidden. Once you refresh, you will be able to see it. Many people who use this method wonder why it does not work. The reason is because they did not refresh their computer after selecting the mobile view when toggling the device toolbar.
This is all to it. Now you can post to Instagram from your desktop pc without apps. Happy posting!